1. The minimum words requirement per post is 200. However, this is just a guideline. If you feel that your work is one of those "sweet and short" types, go forward and publish it that way.
2. Capitalizing all the letters of the heading is not permitted. You will have to capitalize the first letter of each word in the title except for those words with a character count less than or equal to three.
3. We have a strong anti-plagiarism policy. Any post at
Type It Out should pass copyscape 100%
(for those who don’t know what it is, it is a service to know if the content
had earlier been posted elsewhere or similar content exists anywhere else on
the web). Plagiarized content reduces search engine rankings.We don't allow publication of articles that are published elsewhere before.
4. The inbuilt analyzers analyze your work for the keywords of your choice. This also has keyword research tools, readability analyzers, etc. Following the guidelines ensure quality content and better search engine rankings. Remember, this is meant for people who know what it means. But it is always good to learn something new, right?
5. The social networking buttons on the right will help you easily share your work among the most popular social networking sites.
6. We publish content that is well formatted and properly edited. In the initial phase of all writers, the works will go through strict manual reviewing before getting published.
7. All those who don’t know what to write on can take ideas from the topic suggestions box that lists the present Google search trends.
8. Users are allowed to put an image with their work, but the size of the image should be less than 3MB. Copyrighted materials are not permitted. Any copyright issues arising will be faced solely by the writer. You can get free images from sites like openphoto.
9. It is always advised to type your work first in any word processing programme to rectify any spelling or grammatical errors. This ensures your works getting published faster.
10. The strength of a website lies in its community. Reading the works of co-writers, giving them proper feedback by commenting and sharing their work on social networking sites (if found worthy), etc are all characteristics of a good community. We, here at Type It Out expects that.
11. Use of abusive language, sex, violence, racism, etc is strictly forbidden. Use of language that may hurt any writer at Type It Out is also forbidden. If you want to say something like that, send a private message. Don’t let the world know the problems among you.
12. Always prefer quality over quantity. We prefer a well written 250 words work over a poorly written 1000 words one.
13. Always keep one copy of your work with you, so that in cases of rejection of work, you can always edit and resubmit.
14. We would like to add this line: “Write in the way you like to read it, and we are sure we will like it too”
15. Here is a list of the types of content that Google (as well as us) hate:
- Pornography, adult or mature content
- Violent content
- Content related to racial intolerance or advocacy against any individual, group or organisation
- Excessive profanity
- Hacking/cracking content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content
- Sales of beer or hard alcohol
- Sales of tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Sales of prescription drugs
- Sales of weapons or ammunition (e.g. firearms, firearm components, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Sales of products that are replicas or imitations of designer or other goods
- Sales or distribution of coursework or student essays
- Content regarding programs which compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites or reading emails
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others